Saturday, June 30, 2007

Random Scribbles: Scenes When I Close My Eyes

Every morning, the books arrive. They come in boxes of the same shape and sizes. 24x24inches. Brown sturdy boxes that would then protect the soft covers of the books stocks from being mangled and such.

My job is to pile them in yet again precise, neat stacks by the corner of the office warehouse. This is my life, every morning of everyday.

By 10am, sometimes, I get done quite early, I get to sit at my desk, a very small one at that just by these neat stacks and I have a bit of time to ponder my life. I work with books but I never even wrote anything. I wish I did. Like one of these authors I glance about in the books that I receive at work. I’ve never read any of the man’s work though. Well, I haven’t read a lot of things in a long time. It is tough. My mind is dried up like a prune. I don’t even want to begin thinking about it, it just gives me a headache. So, I’ll just head on and type some paperwork and get on placing my boxes in a neat pile.

there is no continuation to this story as of yet...

--
10 February 2007
Houston Zoo
Houston, Texas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home